Deep Tissue massage goes below superficial connective tissue with the intent of breaking up old structural patterns and allowing the free flow of nutrients and oxygen in the blood. Deep tissue requires the therapist to apply a considerable amount of pressure which may cause some discomfort.
Trigger Point Therapy and Myofascial Release are both considered forms of deep tissue massage. Commonly these techniques assist in recovery from specific pain syndromes that require a deeper form of work to be truly effective.
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
- Reduces pain
- Increases range of motion of limbs by restoring mobility
- Relaxes and sooth muscles
- Breaks up scar tissue due to injury
- Aids muscles to stay flexible
Who can benefit from a Deep Tissue Massage
- Athletes – all ages and levels as you all stress your bodies
- Individuals with chronic joint or muscle injuries
- Individuals that perform repetitive work that causes considerable strain on muscles and joints
- Individuals who suffer from stress
- Anyone can!